My buying trouble for Macbook Pro in eBay...need suggestion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by koobcam321, Jun 17, 2009.

1. koobcam321 macrumors newbie

Hi, I ordered a Macbook Pro 2.53 ghz in eBay. This item was advertised "New, Sealed in Box". But the seller says it was opened only once for checking purposes and everything is intact brand new. Seller now offers that he can cancel the order before shipping, if I have any second thoughts about the condition of the item. What should I do? Shall I go ahead purchase an open box item or request him cancel it? Anyone has such experience in eBay before?

I felt it was a good deal for the price, I had Microsoft Bing cashback, so this item coming down to only $1320.

Please let me know your thoughts. I appreciate your early response, it would help me take a decision quickly.

2. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

This happens quite frequently on ebay, and my initial response would be to not worry about it. Link to the ad so I can check it out?

3. Encanto macrumors regular

Becareful when using Microsoft Cashback. I have had bad experiences in recieving my money back. They make you wait 60 days and then they come up with lame excuses in not giving your money. Just something I wanted to share. Good luck.

4. koobcam321 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops... that is a bitter news. but i too have a suspicion how someone throw away money for my purchases. have no clear idea how it works. but the idea of some kitty save always tempting :( i was banking on that one also while purchase :rolleyes:.........

5. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

thanks for the info, i was considering buying off ebay but there are to many risks involved.