My "C" is touch sensitive (Macbook)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MacVancouver, Sep 11, 2008.

1. MacVancouver macrumors newbie

Hi, for the past two days my "C" has been touch sensitive :confused:so that when I simply rest my finger on it or touch it, it will make a bunch of C's. I have had it for over a year, and it has just started. As cool as it sounds, it is extremely annoying. Does anyone know how to fix the problem, or even what it is?

2. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

It isn't touch sensitive. When you rest your finger on it, the spring underneath the button triggers the button press. It's a mechanical fault if anything, and short of taking that key of the keyboard, there's not much you can do.

3. rogers106 macrumors member

It sounds like this is something that you could sort of get used to and work with... but if it gets frustrating enough for you (for me, it absolutely would... I have no patience), I'm sure that the Apple Store would fix it for you.

It's a fast fix, too. I had to have the entire top (keyboard, touchpad, etc.) replaced on my MacBook, and they had it done in an hour. I was shocked, because I was expecting a 1-3 day wait. It's a pretty busy store, too... so either I'm lucky, or it's that easy.

I'd give the AS a shot.

4. Muncher macrumors 65816

Muncher

I think it's just that easy :D.

I forgot to mention, my "volume up"/F12 key is similar, but not quite as bad. It doesn't other me, though.

5. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

you prolly got something stuck under it just go to the apple store