My calibrated profile for a 13" MBP 40860 (9F9C) (9C9F)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceboots06, Jun 22, 2009.

1. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Hi,

Not too sure if this is thread worthy seeing that there were a few threads late last week where people were posting their profiles but here are two profiles I'm proud of. I use Color LCD Calibrated 2, the Color LCD Calibrated profile without the 2 seems a little off for me. Color LCD Calibrated 2 exactly matches my Dell Inspiron 6400 screen which I've been using for four years. I think the colors are very accurate seeing that I've printed several pictures and I can hold them alongside the computer and not see a difference.

The screen I'm using on my MBP 13" is a 40860 (9F9C) (9C9F).

Tell me what you think if you give it a shot!

This profile aims to correct bright greens, curve purple blues and darken washed out browns.

Attached Files:

2. kloan macrumors regular

cool, thanks for sharing... i dunno why but when i import these into the profiles with different names, they all show up the same name so i'm not sure which of the two i'm using right now... but i like it. it's the darker one. it's almost identical to the one i came up with, but a cooler tone to it.. switching back to mine, it actually looks warm now, which is crazy because i thought it was on the cool side, but yours is a bit cooler.. the greys are more accurate, whereas mine were a bit warmer, in whites, clouds, etc.

gonna use it for this rest of the day, then switch back to mine and see which i prefer.

i've never enjoyed calibrating more than with these displays, they're just so rich and vibrant.. after adjusting to it coming from my MBA rev2, i'm very happy with this display.

3. cpnotebook80 macrumors 6502a

thanks i have the imfamous 9C9E screen and the profiles look absolutely beautiful . its the first color lcd calibrated one which is bright n colors pop.

4. fungke macrumors newbie

thanks for doing this and sharing.
    will definitely try out the profile tomorrow.

5. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Thanks for the input guys! I much prefer the second one because the colors seem sharper. The first looks like a mix between the default display and the second calibration.

6. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

How do I implement the calibration? When I open it it just opens the colorsync utility.

7. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Try putting them in

library - color sync - profiles -

I think that's where they belong.

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

Nice!

That first one really helped bring out some colors. Looks great.

9. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Check it out guys,

I re-calibrated the screen not using these as a reference point or anything and this is what I came up with.

It looks ALMOST identical to # 2. I can't tell myself but i think there might be more red in this one, just slightly though. The trick I like to use is to blur my eyes as much as possible and move the sliders around. I do this at full brightness too so by the time I'm done my eyes feel like they're bleeding!

I think I like this one, reds pop out a tad bit more.

EDIT: I take that back. This one seems odd. Colors are true to themselves but some things seem out of place. If anyone gives this one a shot tell me what you think when you're looking at tabs in Safari that are not active. The color looks funny to me. Everything else is nice though.

Attached Files:

10. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

Perfect! Thanks!

11. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

How did you like them?

12. Capt Crunch macrumors 6502

To be honest the first one (which I prefer) looks exactly like my tweaked profile where I simply changed the gamma (which made a big difference). I looked through a couple pictures on iPhoto and couldn't tell a difference.

However, you should take whatever I say with a grain of salt. I'm incredibly not picky. It's very likely the hard work that went into the profile was wasted on me.

13. spaceboots06 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Aha well I guess what matters most, even though it sounds remotely selfish (?), is that I like them.