My call to O2 stores in Birmingham...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Badgerguy, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Badgerguy macrumors member

I've just called four O2 stores around Birmingham. Two in the Bullring shopping centre, one in the Fort, one on New Street.

They're all very short on detail.

None of them could confirm to me an opening time - one said she though it was their usual shopping centre opening time of 9.30 AM, but admitted she didn't really know. Another thought it was 7.02, but after speaking with his manager came back and said they didn't have a confirmed time yet.

None of them were able to confirm if they could do the credit checks in advance. However they did all say that if you are signing up as a new customer with O2, you'll need to bring a bank card (Debit card), and the sort code and account number of the bank account from which you will be making the monthly payments (you must pay by Direct Debit, as noted in the small print here). They advised bringing ID was not necessary - but personally, if I'm going to have to spend time waiting in a queue i'll be bringing every form of ID they could ever need!

No information was offered up as to how much stock they will be able to offer, one did mention something about them hoping to be able to offer quite a bit of each model - but that was all they could tell me.

So, keep waiting - I'll try again on Monday!

--
    BG

2. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I'm in birmingham. Thinking of getting to Merryhill. Hopefully it will open early for the release. Cheers for the info, or what little they actually knew.

3. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I just gave Merryhill O2 store a call, and the guy I spoke to said they knew nothing apart from it being released next friday. Pretty useless really. It seems odd that some stores know , or pretend to know alot, whereas this one has nothing. Hmm. :confused:

4. HeavenDivine macrumors member

Confirmed no PAYG iPhone on the 11th:

Just phone the two traffordcentre o2 stores and both confirmed straight away, without hesitation, that the PAYG iPhone will not be available on the 11th and will be available within the following weeks. Both stores said exactly the same thing.

Also i asked "will you be selling the 16gb iPhone on Contract on launch?"
    they both also confirmed that with a single yes.

Bad News, but at least the 16gb is available.

Give them a call if you want:

0161 749 7218

0161 747 0076

5. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Good stuff. I intend on getting the 16GB black on the £45/month contract.

6. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Not good news for us wanting PAYG :(:(

7. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Lol. True story.

8. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Do you think Apple Stores will sell them? If not its a bad move on Apple's part!

9. HeavenDivine macrumors member

No.

They obviously want to sell as much contract as possible. make the most money possible. typical.

10. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Bunch of wankers Apple and 02!

:mad::apple::mad: