My camera just zoomed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kracker, Mar 5, 2009.

1. kracker macrumors member

I just went to take a picture and it was way zoomed in close to what I wanted. I exited and it fixed it. But why isnt this an option?!?

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Did you actually take the photo?

That happens from time to time. The photo comes out perfectly normal. It's just the preview that's zoomed in.

If you really want to zoom in, take a photo, go to it in the camera roll and zoom in on it. Then take a screen-shot.

Done!

3. hexonxonx macrumors 601

It was just a bug. One time last summer, I was taking a picture and the screen turned into a split screen. I took the picture and the split screen didn't turn up on the picture. It was just a weird bug.

4. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Happened to me once at Bed Bath & Beyond! I was taking a picture of Mighty Mend with the great Billy Mays and it was all zoomed in. I took a pic and then exited came back and it was fixed, pic was fine. Rare bug i guess.

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

If the preview can zoom, I would think they could easily enable a zoomed shot, no?

6. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

7. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

yes
    but why would they?
    cellphone camera zoom is DIGITAL zoom
    no different than pinching to zoom AFTER you take the pic, which is already enabled

although i guess it'd be nice to zoom in and see what your photographing, but how often would digital zoom make something you can't see with your eyes suddenly appear?

8. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

A friend took a picture with his iPhone and the picture was really screwed up! It looked like the memory was corrupt or something...