My camera lens is scratched. help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FooArk, Aug 13, 2011.

1. FooArk macrumors 6502

I read Apple will replace the back of the iPhone 4 for $30. Is this true

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Yes. Apple will replace the back with a brand new (unscratched camera lens) for $30. Its quick and easy I had this done myself :)

4. luked14 macrumors 6502

Getting it replaced at Apple will work or you can search eBay for different colored or patterned backplates if you want something different. I've ordered an aluminum one and a white one and both have worked great.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I have a carbon fiber back, looks sick when the light shines it.

6. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Usually when this issue happens with the scratched camera lens you will never see the scratch in the pictures that you take.

7. Elweezy macrumors regular

8. Agent-P, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I dunno, I think it depends on the severity of the crack. I don't have a picture, but when the glass in front of my HD2 camera spiderweb cracked, all my pictures started turning out foggy. They used to be crisp before the crack. I removed the cracked glass and my pictures look perfect again.

EDIT: Alright, so I don't have a before and after picture to compare the pictures with the cracked and without the cracked lens, but this is the foggy effect I was talking about. The picture with the green Xbox beta disc was taken with the cracked lens. It looks unfocused and foggy. The picture of the Roasters napkin was taken after removing the cracked camera glass. The picture looks fine now.

Attached Files:

9. Boen macrumors member

Mine was scratched pretty bad (not just a single scratch) that it left pictures noticeably blurry. I went in to pay the $30 for a replacement back, but they did it for free under warranty.