Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savar

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2003
District of Columbia
quigleybc said:
Literally,

I guess some water got in through the windows, and now it has a lovely mold smell.....:(

Any suggestions as to how to remedy this stinky situation?

Mold is a living organism, you gotta kill it before things get any better. Obviously drying out the car is a must, but some anti-bacterial like diluted bleach could help kill the mold.

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Roll down all of the windows and let it air out in the hot sun.

Or buy one of these...
carfreshner.gif

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
A Mildew Mold Remover :confused:

Bleach is cheapest, but can bleach.

Lysol ?

Commercial products.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
quigleybc said:
Thank iGary

That's what I was thinking too...

ozonator...sounds cool...

I'm on it..!

:)

I tried spraying Ozium...that was a bad idea....now it smells like moldy lemon...:p

Yeah, you run an ozonator in there for a day and the smell will be gone - you may have to repat, though.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
mactastic said:
Lol... Poor iGary's really getting his chops busted for his spelling today.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

What are you talking about? :D

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Go back into your house, take a shower, walk back to your car, and smell your car again to make sure it's not you. :eek:

And there must be some spray that kills all the germs. Either that, or a professional cleaning service.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Take your car to a car wash...not the lazy crappy drive through one....take it to a good old fashion hand wash.....they will get it for you....extra money but its worth not smellin like arse.

Bless

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Mildew/Mold in carpet and seats means it'll be there every time it gets wet -- until you kill it.

A disinfectant inside one of the carpet/funiture cleaning machines may kill it.

Though sometimes you have to pull the carpet and really disinfect it, allowing it to dry fully.

If the carpet pad is real bad, you could always toss it. Carpet kits are always available for most vehicles.

If you don't want to do it, the handwash and carwash places will sometimes be willing to disinfect a vehicle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.