My Card Reader Isn't Working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SophBleep, Apr 10, 2010.

1. SophBleep macrumors newbie

SophBleep

I have a AMICROE 42-in-1 USB 2.0 Card Reader that I use to transfer pictures from my camera's memory stick (SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 1.0 GB) to my mac. It always works but the last few times I have tried to use it it wont show up in iPhoto or anywhere else. I looked in disk utillity (which I think is the right place to look) but it is nowhere on my computer. What is wrong, what do I do? I also don't want to spend any money buying a new one or getting it fixed if it has a problem, but it is working coz the little blue light is coming on.

It has many different ports for different memory sticks and it works with some other cameras in different ports, I can't work out why it is doing this!!! it was working before i went on holidays for two weeks! All my photos of my trip overseas are on the memory card and nobody has seen them since we got back because of the problem! i have posted a thread like this before but I didn't get any information.

PLEASE HELP!!!

SophBleep

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

have you tried plugging it into another usb port on your machine?

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is it possible the format of the card isn't compatible with OS X?

Other than that, or trying a different USB port, I'm not sure why there's a problem.

4. Tumbleweed666 macrumors 68000

Have you tried it in different machine? What exact OS version are you using? I think someone else posted about this reader also recently, so another slight possibility is a recent software update 'broke' it.

5. SophBleep thread starter macrumors newbie

SophBleep

Yeahhhhhhh..... That person who posted a similar thing was probably me. I posted it but didn't get any results except "that happened to me aswell"

I am noit sure about my OS, how do I find out?

I have tried it in a different machine