My carrier logo stopped working except in Cydia and iFile.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fsck-y dingo, Aug 2, 2011.

1. fsck-y dingo, Aug 2, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2011

fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I've never had issues with carrier logos until today. I changed the one I was using to another about an hour ago. I wasn't sure if I would like it so I kept the previous png files (renamed) on the phone. As it turned out the new logo didn't really work as well so I decided to go back to my older one using iFile.

I went to the previously renamed files and put them back to the proper FSO and Default names. Then, I deleted the new one that I didn't want anymore and resprung. Now the only thing that shows up is AT&T unless I open Cydia or iFile. Has anyone run into this? This is the only time I've changed logos with iFile instead of using Cyberduck at my computer. I'm assuming that's part of the issue.

If I go into iFile and navigate to the files and use image viewer it displays the correct images. I really don't understand what happened. If it helps I'm using an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.2.

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Are you using carrier logos in a theme/bundle or are you replacing the images in the default carrier bundles folders?

I change out the default images instead of using a theme/bundle and I've done what you did dozens of times and never ran into this issue (I'm on 4.3.2) Try emptying the trash in iFile and then reboot, not respring. Also might want to check to see if you deleted the correct image? Had to ask, sorry.

3. fsck-y dingo thread starter macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I change them directly through SSH with Cyberduck. I do this all the time as well but something went wrong this time. I just checked my iFile settings and I have trash turned off. Also, the images are correct and so are the file names.

I just tried a reboot through SBSettings and also manually powered down and restarted. Nothing changed. I'm really confused because the files are where they should be in System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ATT_US.bundle and they are the correct png files that I've used before.

Hopefully it's just some kind of cache that needs to be cleared. I updated my original post to say I'm on 4.3.2 too, I mistyped earlier.

4. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Try this. Put your phone in airplane mode for a couple seconds. Then take it out of airplane mode and see what image comes up for the carrier logo. The original AT&T logo will only pop up if the default image is missing or new logo uploaded is misspelled usually. Whenever I reboot/respring my phone, the default AT&T logo will show up for about a second or two, then the custom carrier logo will show up.

I'm not aware of any cache that needs clearing so you're on your own with that one unfortunately.

5. fsck-y dingo thread starter macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

I just tried and AT&T came back. I've SSH'd to my phone and replaced the files with ones stored on my computer. Nothing changes. When things were working as normal AT&T would show up for 2-3 seconds and then switch to what ever I had installed, like you say. I may upgrade to 4.3.3 later on. I'll do clean install, jailbreak again and hopefully things will be back to normal. I'm not in the mood to spend a couple of hours installing Cydia apps and setting things back the way they are now. Maybe tomorrow. :)

6. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Bummer. Sucks to have to restore simply because of some carrier logos. If you're really bored, just find the AT&T images and replace those and that should work. Good luck.

7. fsck-y dingo thread starter macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Yeah, I'm starting to feel it's not worth the time for two tiny png files. Maybe I'll just keep things the way they are and wait it out until iOS 5 is jailbroken. At least AT&T is being displayed Neutraface so it's still a little different. :)