My casing is coming undone PIC INCLUDED

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BrettFarve04, Oct 25, 2008.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

Hey all,

So i felt something pulling on my arm hairs and to my surprise i see my case coming undone. I haven't dropped my macbookpro or have done anything to cause this damage. The expressslot also is bent but it's been like that from day 1. I'm still covered under applecare and just want this fixed!!

if this could be fixed could it be inhouse repair or would i gotta be shipped off?

Thanks!!

Brett

[​IMG]

2. nitewolfgtr macrumors regular

nitewolfgtr

Wow! I'm not sure about that. Sorry that your MBP is doing that. Kinda sucks to see that happen to an Apple product. Maybe you can take it into Apple Store and see what they can do for you...

3. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Mine was doing that too, probably because of all the repairs it had.

They did fix it for me, quick turn around in the store of a few days.

4. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

They should fix it for you. On a side note, that's why the new MBP is made out of a single piece of aluminum ;).

5. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Either you're missing some screws or the screw bracket that should be welded to the palmrest is broken. They should be able to fix it for you in a couple of days if they have to replace the palmrest. If it's just a screw you'll be in and out in a few minutes.

6. Crash1234 macrumors regular

The same exact thing happend to my friend's mbp. She also did not do anything to cause the damage. But for a while, she did have one of those plastic cases over it that claim to protect the mbp but I have my doubts. I thought maybe the case was tugging at the the place where the top and bottom are welded together for a little too long. But anyway, if you're still under apple care bring it in. They'll prob have to send it away though.