My cell phone has extendable antenna....waiting and waiting.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtbdudex, Nov 24, 2010.

1. mtbdudex macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

I'm "awaiting Verizon iPhone", my current phone is what was once called a smart phone/pda phone....4 years old now.....it has a extendable antenna...how quaint.....and syncs via hardwire to my work computer.....no data plan either.....but I do have all my outlook contacts, calendar appts, etc.....actually quite handy and workable w/o data plan....but still I have iPhone envy to all those here.....so I'm waiting and waiting....
    http://www.amazon.com/Verizon-PN-820-Phone-Wireless-Service/dp/B000NK2QO0
    [​IMG]

Who else has phone with extendable antenna and waiting for Verizon iPhone?

2. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Interestingly enough, I just found my old Motorola StarTAC in a drawer a few days ago. It was the last phone I owned that had an extendable antenna. I've used 5 or 6 phones since then. Until the iPhone came out, it was the best phone I had ever used.

[​IMG]

I can't imagine still using it today - having practically limitless information at my fingertips is addictive!

3. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I just have to say that I *loved* my PN-820.

Fast, rugged and I had it customized with a homescreen that had multiple windows, weather, calendar, you name it. Plus Slingplayer, of course.

When it turned out that my wife just couldn't stand a touchscreen phone, and really liked a clamshell, I set up the PN-820 for her.

Cheers!

4. mtbdudex thread starter macrumors 68000

mtbdudex

Cool, like many I also had that exact model, back in the day you were business "cool" with that attached to your hip, just remember to not have it fall out while doing the "#1 duty" in the mens room......ruins the phone...actually 2 that way for me :eek:

Intresting, my battery is still the original battery, the thin one, and it goes almost 2 days on charge in standby mode...even with BT turned on.
    When ever I go to Verizon the staff there cringe at me, cause I have a solution that doesn not require their data plan!
    But, I'll pony up the $$ once the iPhone comes to them, we have too many family/friends on Verizon to switch to AT&T....

5. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

It's only been about a month since I've bought my but I already miss my SLVR.

It didn't do a whole lot but at least it was reliable in what it did do.