My Chemical Romance

TSE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
This may be reaching a little too far, but, any fans of them here?

I absolutely love I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. The lyrics were better in I Brought You My Bullets, but Three Cheers definitely had better instrumentals and the lyrics weren't too shabby. The whole feel of the two albums were great.

Welcome to the Black Parade was alright, the music was pretty good but the album didn't flow as well and the feel of the album was definitely more mainstream than the other two...

I am hoping that the new album coming out this Spring is going to be great. Anyone else excited? :D

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
New album this spring? Great! I am excited to hear they are putting out another album. I will definately have to get it. I have been a fan since before they became mainstream. It was before 3 cheers for sweet revenge was released, and they opened for Lostprophets and Story of the Year. That was when I really started keeping tabs on them. Ever since then I have seen them live probably 4 times, they put on a pretty good show!

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I've decided to ressurect this thread, because My Chemical Romance is awesome :D and it's nice to see there's... two whole other fans on here.

Oh, and their next album comes out November 22

Firestar

macrumors 68020
Sep 30, 2010
221B Baker Street.
This may be reaching a little too far, but, any fans of them here?

I absolutely love I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. The lyrics were better in I Brought You My Bullets, but Three Cheers definitely had better instrumentals and the lyrics weren't too shabby. The whole feel of the two albums were great.

Welcome to the Black Parade was alright, the music was pretty good but the album didn't flow as well and the feel of the album was definitely more mainstream than the other two...

I am hoping that the new album coming out this Spring is going to be great. Anyone else excited? :D
I like Black Parade, and Teenagers.
I've decided to ressurect this thread, because My Chemical Romance is awesome :D and it's nice to see there's... two whole other fans on here.

Oh, and their next album comes out November 22
Three. :D

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I bought the album 'Black Parade' after a friend recommended it. I was very disappointed. It's greasy kids stuff.

They were also poor at 2007 Download Festival. So much so, they got bottled off the stage (and I helped :D).

TSE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
They definitely seem like a band you either hate or love... haha.

Gerard Way's voice live has gotten a lot better since he got off the drugs, booze, and cigarettes though.

The new album's whole feel seems pretty good, hopefully the music lives up to it.

They almost came out with an album I think in early 2009 but they scrapped it in the last minute because they weren't satisfied with it - I wonder if it's on the internet somewhere or if they'll release it sometime.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
They definitely seem like a band you either hate or love... haha.

Gerard Way's voice live has gotten a lot better since he got off the drugs, booze, and cigarettes though.

The new album's whole feel seems pretty good, hopefully the music lives up to it.

They almost came out with an album I think in early 2009 but they scrapped it in the last minute because they weren't satisfied with it - I wonder if it's on the internet somewhere or if they'll release it sometime.
That's cool, never knew that. Maybe it will be released one day, or as you said, end up somewhere online.

May 8, 2008
I like listening to 'The Black Parade' all the through in one sitting, like that album a lot. Other than 'The Black Parade', I've got two songs off 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge'.

I also really like their cover of 'All I Want for Christmas is You'.

I didn't really care for the lead single 'Na Na Na (however many Na's it is)'. But I did just download 'The Only Hope For Me Is You' today, I'm enjoying it so far.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I like listening to 'The Black Parade' all the through in one sitting, like that album a lot. Other than 'The Black Parade', I've got two songs off 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge'.

I also really like their cover of 'All I Want for Christmas is You'.

I didn't really care for the lead single 'Na Na Na (however many Na's it is)'. But I did just download 'The Only Hope For Me Is You' today, I'm enjoying it so far.
I thought Na Na Na was ok, though it's started to grow on me a little more, haven't heard of The Only Hope for Me Is You, I'll have to find that.

May 8, 2008
I thought Na Na Na was ok, though it's started to grow on me a little more, haven't heard of The Only Hope for Me Is You, I'll have to find that.
Yeah, I noticed it today on the iTunes main page. I gave it a couple of listens on YouTube before I decided to download it.

littleman23408

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Since it has been a long time since my last post, I thought I would say that I am still looking forward to the release of the new album, got it on my calender. They should make a vinyl for it, which I will pick up.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Since it has been a long time since my last post, I thought I would say that I am still looking forward to the release of the new album, got it on my calender. They should make a vinyl for it, which I will pick up.
Well they did for the Black Parade and Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, so I'd say there's a good chance this one will have a vinyl as well.