My cinema display is acting funky...3 blinks.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jdminpdx, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

So BEFORE my G5 died, the past 2 month has been funky with my 20 inch cinema display (with the external power block). It started to flash 3 blinks, it would be short-long-short. A friend of mine said that if I unplugged the smaller connector from the white power block and reseated it, played around with it, inserted it slowly, that it would eventually turn on. Well, he was right. It seems to be very sensitive and the connectors have to catch just right in order for the display to turn on. 2 months later, I am kind of sick of having to do this. Once I seat it right, and place to block away it works flawlessly. But I feel like I have to be super careful in order not to knock it the wrong way.

Unfortunately my G5 died today and I am getting a Mac mini now. I would like to be able to have the display working in time for my mini.

So I did a bit of research and it showed at the Apple site that the power block is probably the issue. Are these cheap? From what I gather the monitor is just fine and I just need to replace the block. Thoughts?

2. jdminpdx thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Vylen macrumors 65816

Short-long-short blinks? You just need a new power adapter.

Dunno if they're cheap but ain't gonna change the fact you need to get one.