My Compressor issue "3x Crash Service Down" SURPRISE :)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bottrunmac, Aug 25, 2010.

1. bottrunmac macrumors newbie

Ok, I know this has been brought up before with not much resolve but like others, the "3x Crash Service" error I am getting is occurring only at one specific time.

For a time I was enjoying being able to export my finished products to my Apple TV via Compressor through FCP's share function without hiccup. Until now. :mad:

I am able to encode a project with a Apple TV batch setting without including 5.1 surround, however, once I click the "include Dolby 5.1" checkbox, my project produces the error and fails. Why now? what could have changed? I haven't changed anything. I have gone without the share function and exported a .mov file and attempted to encode...fail. I have reinstalled Compressor and again...fail. It seems doomed for encoding straight from FCP for my Apple TV...when 5.1 is involved of course

Any ideas or new thoughts, please.

2. doherc macrumors newbie

Newbie to FCPX

Apologies if this was asked and answered already - I have FCPX (10.0.2) on iMac with 12 gig ram.

Simple 4 minute HD movie from Sony camcorder.

Movie plays fine in FCPX but I too cannot share to Apple TV. I have restarted the machine and tried again - still receive the '3x crash service'. I will review the settings to see if the 5.1 surround comment will help. I am simply using: Share --> Apple Devices --> Apple TV (add to iTunes is checked, Encoded to higher Quality is selected, Faster Encode (single-pass) is selected).

I do not have Compressor 4 installed as I did not think I need this to simply export / share a movie clip to Apple TV. Please confirm if this is true.

Any help is appreciated.

Chris