my compuer turns on for half a second than shuts off!! help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apprentice55, Sep 3, 2010.

1. apprentice55 macrumors newbie

Macbook pro intel core duo;
    My macbook is turned off, when I press the power button the light goes on and the computer starts making sounds of turning on for about half a second and than shuts off...

I tried removing the battery and putting it again, I tried to hold the power button (the light flickers at one point and eventually shuts off as well after 2 seconds), and tried turning it on with the adapter plugged in and unplugged.

Can anyone help me with this?? I'm desperate and no more warranty for me... )):

Thanks!!!

2. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

did you by chance happen to change your ram recently? i changed my ram in my old macbook a month or so ago and i did not have it in enough and thats exactly what it did, booted up then shut itself off, if nothing else its worth checking.

3. apprentice55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but your help topics didn't help..

You see it shuts off as soon as I let go of the button. I have to screen nothing, you just hear it gearing up for a tiny moment then when i let go its off, so I can't even try holding any buttons or anything...

And I didn't change my ram... Maybe I should try removing the ram and than putting it back in still??

thanks!!!!

4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

yeah they may have come a little loose, although i doubt this, when i changed my ram and it was not it it would start to boot and shut off, tried that like 4 times, and the went and tried re installing the ram, it should be pushed in quite a ways

5. apprentice55 thread starter macrumors newbie

damn!

opened it tried to switch between the Ram cards, still the same )));

anyone??
    please...

6. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

It is likely a logic board failure. Replacement logic boards can get expensive, so it may be time to get a new Macbook Pro.

7. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

Hi

I know this is an old post, but I´m having exactly the same problem...

how did it turn out for you? what was the problem?

Thanks. Any light on the issue will be of great help!