"my computer" doesnt show my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Liana1ber, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Liana1ber macrumors newbie

hallo!
    im trying to download the pics that i took on my iphone to the computer, everywhere i read about this it says its just shows up on "my computer" as a camera, well i plugged my iphone to 4 diffrent computers (!!!) and i cant see it! please help....
    by the way today i kind of played with the iphone and i found an option called "network" and inside i unabled the option "internet shering" (my iphone is in another language so maybe the translation is a bit diffrent).
    still didnt wrok!!!!
    help....
    by the way itunes work ok! can sync everything with it....

2. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same situation with my iPhone 3G for the past few months.

Everything syncs fine, but no camera wizard or anything else in "my computer". I tried hooking it up to another PC and like you, it shows up in iTunes (to sync) but nothing for my camera pics. I would really like to get those out before iOS-4 gets released monday and damn sure before I get my iPhone 4 (sometime after launch)

Two notes on mine.

1) A short time before this problem cropped up, I installed a camcorder app via iTunes. It sucked, so I deleted it soon afterwards, and still my camera connection has not returned.

2) I've since set it up (via iTunes) to sync with a folder of pictures on my PC. The pics from my PC are there on my phone, but is there supposed to be something in that synced folder on my PC from my iPhone?

3. Liana1ber thread starter macrumors newbie

first of all i hope someone can answer and help us and second, i am very jealous that you are getting the new one! im still stuck with my 3G...but i love him anyway :)

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The iPhone is obviously female. :)

Since it doesn’t work on 4 different PC’s, I’m thinking it is either the USB cable or the USB port you are using. Try a different cable and only use a USB port off the motherboard.

5. Acronym macrumors 68000

im experiencing the same problem shows up in itunes and can transfer things over fine but it wont import pictures, any luck with this dilema?

6. Liana1ber thread starter macrumors newbie

no luck! this is so annoying....

7. Acronym macrumors 68000

ok so i did some research and found this....
    i havent been able to try this yet my computer likes to shut itself down and freeze whenever it pleases, someone care to test this out?

ok so i was able to try and test this finding to no avail, i saw no "apple iphone driver" in the list of drivers installed under the Device Manager.

I've completely uninstalled everything apple related as described in an apple support article, and reinstalled. I've tried manualy downloading the apple mobile device driver myself with no change.

I've tried stopping the drivers process and starting it again to no avail, i am trying one thing provided by a microsoft tech page i will update on my findings and the outcome of this process. shoulod it work ill provide a detailed "how to" on how i did it.

8. Acronym macrumors 68000

who likes to feel stupid???? i know i do cause this forum member responded to my inquirery in a post i had made similar to this one last week or so and this is his response which worked for me as well.

follow this and it will show up trust me.

i now can see the "Apple iphone" in device manager

so lets all just take a moment and realize how dumb we are :p

enjoy!!! thanks again to themtigers!!!!

Attached Files: