my computer online scan??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AeroBar, Aug 27, 2009.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

hi,

I was browsing the net for a bit of info and I clicked on a link - all above board - I am just searching for info on an old friend.

a small window appeared from a site called antivirus.net (or something like that) saying I was in need of software or a scan or something.

I clicked CANCEL and found myself on a site "mg7a.info" that looked like a Windows desktop with a scan running (this listed in my history as "my computer online scan").

I quit Safari straight away, but is there any checks I need to run? could my security have been "breached"?

regards

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

So I'm confused. You're worried because you saw something that looks like a Windows desktop?

Oh wait, that would scare me too!

You just got punk'd. It's an advertisement. You can safely continue to use your computer without any worries.

jW

4. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks guys. glad to hear it.

the sight of Windows is indeed horrifying. I just freaked a bit. how do folks deal with that everyday?:eek:

5. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I've just discovered a file in my Applications - Antivirus-fc9e0_2031.exe.download - that is there since what I mentioned in my original post.

I clicked on GET INFO and this is what it says below. what I should I do?

Attached Files:

• anti.jpg
      anti.jpg
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
  6. iVoid macrumors 65816

Just delete it.

Being an exe file it could be a windows virus or trojan, but meaningless on a mac.

7. AeroBar thread starter macrumors 6502a