My Connection Fails

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DaGreat01, Jul 23, 2009.

1. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

At least once a day i try to use safari and the blue progress bar stays in the same spot and eventually says there is a connection error. So then i try to do a hard reset and when i try to open safari agin i get the same thing. Then i figured that i would turn off 3G then turn it back on. This process is easy but annoying because it takes the phone a while to find the edge connection then tune the 3G back on then find a 3G connection.

Anyways, like i said, this happens at least once a day. So should i go get it checked out with a genius?

Attached Files:

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Not until you at least do a restore or DFU restore.

3. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Aw man...i didnt want to restore:( But i guess i have to. When i restore, do i restore from a back up? Or should i restore to factory settings, then from a back up?

And what is DFU?:eek:

4. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

So I wake up and turn on my phone. I go to check if I have any email (since stupid gmail sucks) and it says connecting for a really long time. So I go to safari and get the same thing as you see up there. :mad:

Ugh! I guess I have to restore. But I have a feeling it's not going to make a difference.

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

6. kzoojason76 macrumors member

I'm just curious, why do you think gmail sucks?

7. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

The no push part of gmail lol. But gmail is the best other than that. :p

8. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

PUSH, meh. Worst case scenario, if you have check intervals at 15 minutes you *might* need to wait 15 minutes for a new email to show up. And that is only if someone sends you an email the second the iPhone gets done checking. Usually you need to just wait a few minutes, I found that its fine. For some business professionals I understand the need for immediate email, but I can wait a couple minutes. Thats just me :)

9. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Ummm............what? Are you saying there's a problem in the area or there is a 3G problem in my phone?

10. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

What do you mean "ummmm........what?" I was saying it might be a 3G issue with AT&T. That explains itself. It might not be, but you never know.

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I don't know if you're joking or not on Device Firmware Upgrade mode for restore.

Here's a link:

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

I had assumed this had been going on for awhile. If not, it could just be your cell towers in the area. Call AT&T. If not, then you'll need to restore. That's the first question the Apple Genius will ask if you go to them.

12. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yea I found out what that was yesterday. And I guess I'll restore the next time it happens and call AT&T if it does it agin after that...

Thanks for the help.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, call AT&T before, so you don't waste your time. How long has this been going on (sounds like a song...:) )?

14. kzoojason76 macrumors member

If you don't mind spending $25/year, Nuevasync (www.nuevasync.com) has a great push service for Gmail (and other IMAP email).

15. DaGreat01 thread starter macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Ahhhh...good idea lol. ;)

idk how long it has been going on. But it's hasn't been that long though.