Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeef690

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I woke up this morning to find all my contacts except the one I entered yesterday are gone. Is there any way to retrieve them? It was after a sync so I'm guessing I hit the wrong button.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
I woke up this morning to find all my contacts except the one I entered yesterday are gone. Is there any way to retrieve them? It was after a sync so I'm guessing I hit the wrong button.

Restore from an itunes backup

Jeef690

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Does itunes make backups automatically? If I hit restore, wouldn't it revert back to the manufacturer settings? I'm not following this.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Does itunes make backups automatically? If I hit restore, wouldn't it revert back to the manufacturer settings? I'm not following this.

Yes it does take backups automatically............i'm not 100% sure, someone may want to chime in here, but I remember browsing all of the itunes options/preferences or something (or did i accidentally hit restore) in any case i was able to see a backup somewhere with a date.........and an option to restore from it.

Play around with itunes.........its there somewhere

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.