My cousin's macbook screen is cracked ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cgriffeyjr, Jun 15, 2011.

1. cgriffeyjr macrumors newbie

In January I gave my cousin my macbook (white) after I purchased my current macbook pro.. I purchased (the macbook) in July 2010..yesterday she told me when she came home the screen was cracked..I honestly don't believe her..I think her or her gf broke it. She kept asking me how much do I think it will cost..I told her it could be up to $700 in my opinion..On top of that since I gave it to her..the rubber at the bottom of the macbook pretty much came off, and it's cracked on the left side near the usb ports..Overall the macbook looks like it's in horrible condition.. How much would it cost to fix the screen ?.. By the way it's a 13.3 inch.

2. ZipOnTrousers macrumors newbie

ZipOnTrousers

To replace my original Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo screen was about £350 iirc total, it took 4 days and they fully replaced the whole top part of the chasis. I'd imagine it will be a similar case with your cousin. Shouldn't it still be covered by warranty at this point though?

Thanks
    Zip

3. cgriffeyjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm almost positive any breaks or physical damage is a void of warranty.. But I only had the 90 day warranty anyway..her problem not mines smh

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The screen crack will be her responsibility to pay for and $700 is a reasonable estimate. The rubber separating on the bottom is a known issue, so at least that will be taken care of for free.

jW

5. cgriffeyjr thread starter macrumors newbie

I spoke to the guy at the apple store on campus..he said It will be $850 because the screen is glued.

6. powaking, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011

powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

I ordered an iPhone 4 front glass from iResq and after a while I noticed it started to peel around the front camera. I emailed them and they said it was probably a piece of glass (really? glass would be scratching it perfectly in a circle around the camera?). So I emailed him pics a couple of weeks in between and showed that it was making its way around the camera. Still they said its most likely from a piece of glass so won't cover it under warranty.

Edit: After a few more email dialog it appears they will refund the screen. Customer services comes thru.