My (Crappy) Mac Pro mock-up

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by NRose8989, Oct 29, 2008.

1. NRose8989 macrumors 6502a

Yes I do suck at photoshop (actually Pixelmator) but here's what i kinda think the new mac pro may look like, just to get a idea.

I think the edges will also be more rounded but I don't know how to do that in a photo editor and I think the power button and ports will be different but i didn't feel like trying to design new ones. The top of the mac pro may also be a good place to put vent holes on as well but idk. I tried to shorten the "handles" at the top and bottom to give it a more sleek appearance and put in slot loading drives.

It's just a idea i think how they may implement the new glass and aluminum style. though the mock up is crappy, if you use your imagination, i think you can get a idea.

Attached Files:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

The drives won't be slot-loading and it will be predominantly silver, but that's about right.

Move the ports to the side. Where do you think the motherboard is?

3. m1stake macrumors 68000

I like the short handles and feet. A little bit closer to the PMG4 shape. I still prefer the gun metal aluminum though. Slot loading drives are a waste of money in traditional desktops, and I like the power buttons I/O ports on the side of the front instead of in the middle.

The shape is a winner IMO.

4. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

Yeah quite a good job.
    I'd like to see a smaller size, the current designs are tooo big, something like the G4 towers would be great.
    The darker metal on the sides would need to be rounded at the corners though if it wasn't to look out of place.

5. zmttoxics macrumors 65816

zmttoxics

I believe its a separate board with the connectors on it - at least the G5 is that way. I cant find the mac pro version.

G5 front panel board:
    http://www.welovemacs.com/9225979.html

6. nanofrog macrumors G4

If it gets any smaller, how would there be enough space for HDD's, CPU coolers, or fans? :confused:

7. NRose8989 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think it would get any smaller, just sleeker that could make it appear smaller.

8. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

The smaller PowerMac G4 machines could house up to 5 or so Hard Drives, maybe more, with 8 RAM slots and two optical drive bays, and were really accessible.

Now that Apple has switched to intel chips, and doesn't need to worry about cooling (as much) I think reducing the size would be viable.