My custom ZAGG Skin

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Krafty, Jun 28, 2010.

1. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

2. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Does it have the same orange peel texture as the InvisibleShield? Or is it just regular printed vinyl?

3. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

The quality was pretty good, they did a really nice job on the print job. Applying it was easy as well, I was trying to post it with a bumper but I'm still trying to find one.

Yes, it feels a tab rubbery, but I dont see the major problem in that. If anything, be careful with what case you put on it that touches it, cause if it grips it and you try to take it off, it'll peel the skin with it.

I dont know if its too much of a bad thing, but it peels off as easy unless you can find something to surround the edges, but re-applying it is easy and it sticks fairly well.

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I was thinking about using the skin with my candyshell. Do you think that I will have a problem with that ?

5. TB2010 macrumors newbie

Hey Crafty, awsome skin.

Couple of newb questions as I have never used these skins before.

Did you use the full skin, front and back? http://www.zagg.com/personalize/zaggskins/index.php?gadget=401

if so, how easy or difficult was it to put on? What do you mean about what case you put it, it grips it. Isnot the zagg a full front/back case?

I do have a bumpber, will that go good with the setup or not needed?

I am really learning towards getting one.

thanks.

6. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Same here ...I am looking for a cool picture to use but I can't find one! My 50% off code is going to expire tomorrow and I have to make up my mind lol

7. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

The candyshell looks kind of similar to the one I had (which I just returned) that peeled off the skin when I tried to remove it. I'm not sure, as my case has a clear plastic back which caused part of the skin to stick to it (which resulted in it coming off prior to removing the case). I can't tell if those are plastic or rubber but if the CS is rubber then you should be alright.

Just the back, I didn't see an option for a front. I didn't get the IS due to the amount of negative feedback.

As I mentioned, it was extremely easy to apply.

The reason why I also wanted a bumper was because it would surround the edges of the skin so nothing gets into it, while still keeping the back visable. There really is no point in getting a custom skin if a case is going to be hiding it the entire time.

Me and my friends debated for a while. We decided on that because if you know me around these forums, I'm an asian lover. Also, it would probably be good to put your name on it, doesnt mean they can't take it off if it happens to get stolen but still.

Attached Files:

8. Knolly macrumors 6502a

Would almost absolutely get one if it didn't have the "ZAGG" permanently stamped on the side...

9. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Meh, it doesnt bother me that much. But then again, theres mostly black around that area so most of the logo kinda blends in.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

11. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I figured since Yuri was making the whole "phone" pose it would be a better match. It was a tossup between her, jessica, and taeyeon.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

13. jack66 macrumors member

nice, i have jessica as my wallpaper. i was thinking of making the same zaggskin:)

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Man.. really tempted to get a Yoona one now.. I see the zagg codes work for these.

15. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Great minds think alike, I suppose. Just wait until the jailbreak comes out as this is temp.

Attached Files:

16. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

I just ordered this skin with the front screen protector for $20 shipped from ZAGG

Attached Files:

17. jack66 macrumors member

hi krafty, i've been scouring the whole internet for a perfect picture of jessica for my zskin. i was wondering if you had a picture of her just like the one of yuri that i could use. thanks:eek:

18. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

The one of yuri is from the Black Soshi concept.

Attached Files:

19. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

that looks incredible, but I think it says more about your eye for design than the product itself...it could just as easily have looked terrible, and that wouldnt have had anything to do with Zagg

good work

20. jack66 macrumors member

ah nice man, thanks. i'll see what i can do with these:D

21. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Here you go, if anything the bumper helps cover up the edges on the top, and both sides. The bottom is a tad visible but nothing too major. The photos taken with my friends purse is because I dont think you can stand the phone upright with the bumper on (at least I couldn't).

Attached Files:

22. spikeyjac macrumors regular

I'd love a skin on the back of my iPhone, a black and white one, but I just can't find the right one to use :(
    I would like a black and white design, no idea what though :D

23. Krafty thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

As much as I prefer a black iPhone over the white, I kinda think how that would look on a white one, seeing as the outer image is mostly white, it would blend in really well.

I dont think it would go too well with a white bumper since they may be a tad off, but I would like to see that skin on a white iPhone with a black bumper. THAT would tempt me to get a white iPhone only (well, not at this point).

24. samrashi macrumors newbie

Anyone know if these skins are available in the UK at all? They look great!