My cut iPhone sim in iPhone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dr Kevorkian94, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

so i ordered my new iPhone 4 from apple custom configured with my plan since im upgrading my current 3gs. since i cut my current iphone sim to fit in my ipad cloud i just pop my old sim in and have no need to go through itunes to activate. im only asking because i herd the new micro sim that is in the iphone 4 wont work in my ipad even though it is the right size. thanks in advanced:D

2. terraphantm macrumors 68040

won't know for sure until people get iPhone 4s in their hands. I intend to do the same, so we'll see what happens.

3. irich25 macrumors regular

once you transfer your number to the iphone 4 the old sim card would be useless right?

4. dread macrumors 6502a

5. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

It's actually super easy...I used an exacto blade to cut my spare sim, just to test it out and the thing practically cut it self into a micro sim.

Just keep your hand steady and make sure not to take to much of a piece off at a time.

Good luck, let me know how it works out.

6. Dr Kevorkian94 thread starter macrumors 68020

it was very easy to cut the sim i just traced my ipads micro sim and then used a razor to cut it out. and i just got an e-mail saying this this morning.

Dear Apple Store Customer,

You recently received a Shipment Notification email from Apple advising you that your iPhone has shipped.

This email is to confirm that your delivery will occur on June 23rd. Although Apple and FedEx tracking information may currently indicate a later date, you can check the FedEx website the morning of the June 23rd to track your package to your doorstep.

In the event that you will not be available to accept delivery on June 23rd, it may be more convenient to use our pre-sign delivery option by visiting our Order Status website at http://www.apple.com/orderstatus.

Sincerely,

The Apple Store Team

so i guess il find out tomorrow

7. dread macrumors 6502a

thanks, my ipad is wifi, but I need to use my iphone in africa where they don't have microsims yet, so my concern was cutting those sims to fit. Now I can sell my 3gs and get the iphone 4, if it is ever available again.

8. fuzion11 macrumors 65816

fuzion11

Hey Dread are you in the US or Canada or the UK?

9. mzt macrumors member

I'm wondering the same thing, I have a iPhone 3G sim cut down. And i use it in my iPad 3G, so i thought i could skip activating by just using my already cut down sim. Oh yea, i also got the same email this morning, to be delivered tomorrow on 23rd by 10:30.

We are on the same exact boat lol, keep me updated or hit me up on irc on irc.osx86.hu , nick is mzt or mizfit

10. dread macrumors 6502a

11. Badfoot macrumors 6502

12. OceanView macrumors 65816

I'm in the same boat too.
    I guess I will have to wait and see what the concensus is on using the old sim over using the new micro sim.

Also, did you guys have to change any of the settings in the iPad to get the data working using the iPhone 3G sim?

13. mzt macrumors member

I changed APN settings from broadband to phone, and it works well.

does a cut up sim effect data speed at all or anything like that? seems like a silly question. even if it does work, why do I not want to put a old yucky looking sim in my brand new shinny iphone lol.