iPhone My Cydia Disappeared?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hannah., Mar 3, 2013.

1. hannah. macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4s, and recently I decided to jailbreak my phone. It all went smoothly, and everything was fine. I had changed my text also, and everything was still working. Until, of course, I decided to choose a Theme. I selected a Theme, and re-sprung my device. When it was done, my Cydia, and Winterboard had disappeared. :(
    However, if I go onto Settings, I can see still Winterboard there, although the app on my phone's Home Screen is not there. Also, the Theme worked successfully, and I currently have "At Risk." However, my Cydia is gone, which is a huge problem.
    I've restored my phone and re-jailbroken it one more time, but again, when I chose a Theme and re-sprung my device, Cydia had once again disappeared along with Winterboard. Of course, Winterboard was still in Settings, but still.
    Any reasons why this happened? Can I get Cydia back? Thanks.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

It might have something to do with the theme messing up cydia and winter board. Maybe you should stop using the theme until it's fixed. If you disable the theme, does your cydia and winter board icon come back?

If you go to spotlight, I'm sure you can search for the app cydia.

3. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

I to suggest you try the later, and until updated disable the theme.

4. TC25 macrumors 68020

insanity - doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

5. hannah. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, people recommend to try re-jailbreaking it again to see if what happened the first time was just a glitch or something.
    So, yeah. :-/

----------

It's not in spotlight. :(
    And I tried disabling the theme, but alas, nothing happened. I think I'll try to just redo the whole thing over again, but be more cautious. If it doesn't work, well, c'est la vie. :eek:

6. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

You'll have to restore and rejailbreak, it won't like a second attempt if sees it was already jailbroke.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

When you boot up holding the volume button, does cydia and winterboard come back?

9. macedon macrumors newbie

macedon

Just type cydia:// on safari and press enter and it Will open cydia

10. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

Re-jailbreak without restoring works just fine. This happened to me and a re-jailbreak brought cydia back.