Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hannah.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Canada
I have an iPhone 4s, and recently I decided to jailbreak my phone. It all went smoothly, and everything was fine. I had changed my text also, and everything was still working. Until, of course, I decided to choose a Theme. I selected a Theme, and re-sprung my device. When it was done, my Cydia, and Winterboard had disappeared. :(
However, if I go onto Settings, I can see still Winterboard there, although the app on my phone's Home Screen is not there. Also, the Theme worked successfully, and I currently have "At Risk." However, my Cydia is gone, which is a huge problem.
I've restored my phone and re-jailbroken it one more time, but again, when I chose a Theme and re-sprung my device, Cydia had once again disappeared along with Winterboard. Of course, Winterboard was still in Settings, but still.
Any reasons why this happened? Can I get Cydia back? Thanks.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
It might have something to do with the theme messing up cydia and winter board. Maybe you should stop using the theme until it's fixed. If you disable the theme, does your cydia and winter board icon come back?

If you go to spotlight, I'm sure you can search for the app cydia.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
It might have something to do with the theme messing up cydia and winter board. Maybe you should stop using the theme until it's fixed. If you disable the theme, does your cydia and winter board icon come back?

I to suggest you try the later, and until updated disable the theme.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Until, of course, I decided to choose a Theme. I selected a Theme, and re-sprung my device. When it was done, my Cydia, and Winterboard had disappeared. :(

I've restored my phone and re-jailbroken it one more time, but again, when I chose a Theme and re-sprung my device, Cydia had once again disappeared along with Winterboard.

insanity - doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

hannah.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2013
Canada
insanity - doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Well, people recommend to try re-jailbreaking it again to see if what happened the first time was just a glitch or something.
So, yeah. :-/

----------

It's not in spotlight. :(
And I tried disabling the theme, but alas, nothing happened. I think I'll try to just redo the whole thing over again, but be more cautious. If it doesn't work, well, c'est la vie. :eek:

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
Re-jailbreak without restoring works just fine. This happened to me and a re-jailbreak brought cydia back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.