My dad has an iPhone 5... I have a mid-2012 MBP....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by a-m-k, Jul 21, 2013.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Can/how do I update his iPhone on the family's Windows tower PC? Do I just plug it into the tower like he normally does (which he knows how to do) and it just checks for things on it's own. He has windows 7 if that means anything helpful.

I don't want to plug his iPhone into my MBP because he's had it hooked up to the windows tower. (I don't want to inadvertently damage my MBP.)

Thank you! :)

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

If the tower PC, is the one he normally syncs with, then there's no problem in updating on that PC.

Start by updating iTunes. If it's updated, then plug in the iPhone, make a backup and click on Update.

3. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Thank you. I will do this when the time permits. Though, could you tell me how to back up right. Maybe screenshots.

4. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

Tap the iPhone in itunes. In the summary tab. Tap back up now.

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

Thank you. :)

6. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

posted the question I have in one thread, because I forgot I had this thread going and I suppose you all would still answer me.... How do we choose the file I created for a ringtone to be the actual ring tone?