iPad My decision and why iPad 4 vs iPad air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by debslol, Feb 28, 2014.

1. debslol macrumors newbie

I just sent out my iPad 4 for repair of the glass. My in patience led me to purchase the air. I came upon an unused open box for 489.00 so playing around with the air didn't really notice that much of a difference and I do really like the solid feel of the iPad 4 so I was going to return the air and just keep the 4.....that is until I streamed video via airplay. No stuttering no hiccups smooth nonstop playing unlike with the 4. I am a cord cutter so this is important to me. Now I have to decide what route to take for selling the 4 :)

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

3. debslol thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't know why...but with the 4 it would get stuck catch up and then play again...so that was my test as to which way I would go :D

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Were you streaming content or was it already on you ipad

5. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

the 4 shouldnt do that, the difference between 4 and air is minimal IMO. and plz dont give me that A6 crap, it sucks with ios 7

6. debslol thread starter macrumors newbie

No not at all!! As I said I sent my 4 in for repair and because of the no really big change I was planning on taking the air back. I realty liked the 4 but this morning I decided that I was going to stream some things that I commonly had issues with. I actually streamed a full movie with the air with just a hiccup or two but nothing like with the 4. The 4 would stop every 2 minutes take it's time starting again. It was becoming frustrating. I love the solid feel of the 4 and will have a hard time parting with it but if the air streams better the air will meet my needs....wondering if it's because of the 2 wifi antennas?

----------

Yes I stream from the iPad....wondering if it's because the air had 2 wifi antennas?