Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Padini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Hi. I don't know if it's related to my upgrade to iOS 8 or not, but if I recall, after I upgraded, my default Whatsapp notification tone suddenly disappeared. Instead, the SMS tone is used. I went to the settings and the tone is not there. It's not Tri-Tone because that's for SMS.

Or am I imagining things? The Whatsapp tone is definitely NOT the same as the SMS tone, right? And I'm not talking about the whistling tone.

Does anyone know where I can download it?

PS. I'm using an iPhone 5.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
The default notification sound for me on my iPhone 5S and now iPhone 6 is "note". If it's an older ringtone, try checking in the "classic" section of the sounds.

Padini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
The default notification sound for me on my iPhone 5S and now iPhone 6 is "note". If it's an older ringtone, try checking in the "classic" section of the sounds.

Nope, it's not any of those tones. I wish I remember the name, but I don't. And I've tested each tone but none of them sound like my default tone for my Whatsapp.

Thanks anyways.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.