my desktop icons are missing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ubbamed7788, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ubbamed7788 macrumors newbie

My Desktop Icons Are Missing And The Desktop All Is Blue,nothing Is Working,, I Clicked In Macintosh Hd-gen Info-i Changed Read-write To No Access And After That Nothing Is Working,please Help Me Anybody,i Need Help...:(:(:( I Will Be Thank You,if You Help Me...:(:(:(:(:(

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Hard to know what is wrong based on the "blue desktop".

Have you restarted?

If so: Try booting from your install/restore disk and run Disk Utility from there and repair disk permissions and maybe verify (and if needed repair) the disk.

What did you do just prior to the "disaster"?

Edit: You might be able to regain access, too, if you boot from another disc/disk, using the "Get Info" window again...

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

why why why would you change your whole Hard Drive to read only??? Repair Disk Permissions if you're able to.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why on earth would you change your permissions on your hard drive to "no access"??? You obviously need access for anything to run. I agree with Mitthrawnuruodo: you need to repair your permissions.

5. ubbamed7788 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now What?? I Can't Restore My Mac??:(:(:( Please Help Me...

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Did you read what anyone posted?

7. GavinG macrumors newbie

No, click on spotlight, type in disk utility, click on your hd, click repair permissions.

8. ubbamed7788 thread starter macrumors newbie

OH,I'M SORRY i don't understand english well,, i said that i can't turn on my mac,when i turn on ,all desktop is blue,and nothing is working...:(

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

People have already replied with what steps you should take to fix it. Maybe you can put this thread through a translator?