My Desktop wont stop changing!

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
:p It's like a lightshow going on here. Every 5 seconds my desktop background will change even though I don't have the option checked in desktop and screen saver. I simply was trying out the setting to see what it was like and now it wont stop.

todd2000

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2005
Danville, VA
:p It's like a lightshow going on here. Every 5 seconds my desktop background will change even though I don't have the option checked in desktop and screen saver. I simply was trying out the setting to see what it was like and now it wont stop.
Restart

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
Lay off the LSD?

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
Did you accidentally (or otherwise) set the picture to change every 5 seconds in System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Desktop?

Aea

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2007
Denver, Colorado
Did you accidentally (or otherwise) set the picture to change every 5 seconds in System Preferences > Desktop & Screen Saver > Desktop?
He said he only played with the setting.

Do you have Onyx and Animated Desktop on by chance? It achieves the same effect but it's a bit more flashy :)

PeggyD

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Covington, WA, USA
He said he only played with the setting.

Do you have Onyx and Animated Desktop on by chance? It achieves the same effect but it's a bit more flashy :)
Yes, I saw that & it has taken close to 10 minutes to get back in this thread to say I sometimes find that changes made in that preference don't always "stick" the first try.