Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostchild

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
So it's almost Christmas time, and other than the fact that I have some bucks to spend I'm stuck. I currently have a MBP, but I do a lot of view editing, watch movies, code websites, and sometimes play some games. I'm contemplating on getting a 22" LCD what do you guys think? And which would you suggest? Or should I just lift my laptop using a Griffin Elevator?

Help,
John

sr5878

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
im in the same situation... i'm a web designer and i'd love a second screen to spread my work out on.

personally i'm going to go for a 20" display. i could afford a 22", but i prefer higher pixel density to physical size. 22" and 20" (for the most part) share the same res. im going for an acer... probably this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009108

if anyone can find a better deal on a better (or comparable) 20" display i'd love to hear it.

Crash-n-Burn

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2007
There are some great monitor deals that are going on during Black Friday if you guys are willing to wait in line. The leaked Best Buy ad has a 22" Samsung for $200 and a 22" Envision (I believe) for $150.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.