Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariot

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
So I was finally going to get a mac pro last night. I was going to go into apple but decided to go to my local best buy to see if they had any open boxes available . They did not have any but promised he would price match apples education price and throw in microsoft office.
So I was ecstatic that I did not have to travel all the way to Apple to get the discount. I spent over an hour and a half asking question debating which model to get , getting prices on SSD and Ram etc.

Finally it was time to pay. The clerk that served me was not there when the supervisor told me he would match the price so when I told him he said he would confirm with the same manager.

The manager finally came and lied straight through his teeth and said he never told me anything like that and that he only mentioned the discount if I took a demo 17 inch model from last year!!!! My wife and I specifically asked if we would have the discount for all models.

One hour and half of my last wasted with these arses. Never again!!!!

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
It seems to be fashionable to bash Best Buy these days. If people are reading this forum I'd think they would avoid them.

mariot

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
Actually I really liked Best Buy until yesterday. They had much better customer service than future shop.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So I was finally going to get a mac pro last night. ...snip... 17 inch model from last year!!!! My wife and I specifically asked if we would have the discount for all models.

There is a 17" MacPro? Neat!

Really man, how can you be shocked that some minimum wage schmuck from Best Buy lied to you? So you wasted your time, write to BB, not us.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
.....I spent over an hour and a half asking question debating which model to get , getting prices on SSD and Ram etc.

Finally it was time to pay. The clerk that served me was not there when the supervisor told me he would match the price .....

Nothing "disgusting" about it. If you had been able to make a deal in a reasonable period of time you never would have wasted the manager's time and had to deal with 2 people. Expecting anyone in sales to hold your hand for an hour and a half while you make up your mind isn't reasonable. Time IS money.:rolleyes:

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
This is exactly why I drove over an hour to the closest Apple Store to make my purchase. When I'm spending this much money, I want to be sure that NOTHING is going to go wrong! Plus, maybe it's just me, but I feel much better buying something like a MacBook Pro from a store run by the manufacturer when that is a possibility. I've bought PCs from Best Buy and many other electronics, but never a Mac. I know stores price match all the time, but it's just never been something that I've tried. I'm a college student, I took my proof with me, drove to Greenville, bought my 13" MacBook Pro for $100 cheaper than retail and got a free app store gift card and drove home. Whole process took me about 3 and a half hours with a stop for dinner thrown in!

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
i had a pretty crapply experience at best buy to with macbooks

id still buy stuff there but never a computer again.

if u want apple products, go to the apple store or online store.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I agree, I don't think I will buying any of my mac stuff from there again heh I'll drive the hour down to my apple store..

I'd be there in a heartbeat if they get any more of those HP pads at $99 :D .... which won't happen :(.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.