My Dock....>_>

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheMinty, Nov 21, 2008.

1. TheMinty macrumors newbie

Hi,

first of all fist post woo.iv been reading this forum for a while now and its almost probably helped me and my mac problems.and whenever iv had a problem ill search on google and more then likely ill wind up here :D

anyway iv been looking threw your screwy dock threads and im quite surprised i couldnt fix it my self! so it thought id ask for some advice.

it happend after i forced shut down my mac after it froze up,no biggy i thought,as i have done it before.but the next day i turn on macy poos i find that my dock is not there!not hidings left right or bottom.i spotlight firefox and browse wodering where the hell my dock is,then i see it half on the screen for a couple of seconds before dissapering again,i hover my mouse over where it was but no luck.so search for help where i get told to delete a DOCK PREF file? so i did,restart no luck,then i dl a app called OnyX and i do a scanny thing it tell me somings wrong with my HD or somin,so i get my os x disk and the c thing and i use disk utillity and "fix" the errors from there,that kinnda made things better now the dock pops up more offen and stays for longer then it did before but it still wont respond and i have magnification on and when i get time to hover over it,it acts like my mouse isnt there >_> . so i also use dick utility to fix the permission things so i did.but tbh it didnt seem to do much at all! :( . then i find from the apple help pages and here that i should delete a corrupted com.apple.dock.plist thingy. I CANT FIND IT AT ALL!!! i look in preferences and its simply not there.

what can i do?! i came here before i take my last course of action.Phone apple:apple:

any help would be like.....SUPER!!! :)

thanks

TheMinty

p.s sorry for spelling and grammar and such...

edit i forgot. i cant use the dashboard f4 shortcut of the f3 cool one that i use all the time>_> or cmd + (the little arrow into a wall) but the lighting and rewind pasue/play and fastfoward buttons doo!

2. blodwyn macrumors 65816

The Dock plist file is in the following location (substitute your Username)

/Users/Username/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

3. TheMinty thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply =]

kay update.after swtiching my mac on the morning my dock atill pops up and goes away but now i could use f3 for a little bit til it wouldnt work anymore >_>

ill look for that file now!

--------:apple:---------

I found it. >_< eugh i feel stupid,ill restart the comp to see if it works :D

----

edit - the dock is just like as i brought it,but no luck.it looks like it keeps on rebooting it self.

what the hells going on :(