My Dock Disappeared

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
I was watching a full screen video on MLB.tv and now my dock is gone.
How do I make it come back?
Sorry if this is a stupid/easy question.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
I hate to ask an easy question, but is it hidden? Hold your mouse over where the dock normally is, and see if it reappears. If it does, right click on an empty space (like your seperator) and select "Turn Hiding Off"

JBaker122586

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 21, 2007
Yeah, I thought I might have accidentally hidden it, but nope. I know rebooting will probably fix it, I'm just wondering if anybody knows a quicker/easier way because this has happened before.

martychang

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007
open the Terminal

/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app

enter the command "open /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app" without quotes, that SHOULD work.

dwright1974

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2007
UK
I have this on my MacBook after watching videos using VLC.

I find that moving the cursor over the 'dock area' brings it back.

Never searched the forums but I'm a little surprised there hasn't been anything about this on the front page rumors as I can consistently replicate this issue.

Either way, that will bring it back or, like another poster has said, a restart brings it back as normal.

- D

samschmidt

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2010
instead of restarting your computer just go to the main screen and click on the apple. Then go to do the dock and hide it and then go again to the dock and turn off hiding. This should reset it. It worked for me anyways

User Ellen

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2017
I hate to ask an easy question, but is it hidden? Hold your mouse over where the dock normally is, and see if it reappears. If it does, right click on an empty space (like your seperator) and select "Turn Hiding Off"
[doublepost=1488298918][/doublepost]This worked perfectly. Thanks very much. I still wonder what I did though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.