My Dock has become a Blackhole

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by laz305, May 7, 2010.

1. laz305 macrumors regular

ok Cydia had like 3 updates Winterboard, five icon dock, and safari download manager and I have paid for both of them FYI. Now after updating them I went to drag a new app into the dock, they all vanished from my dock. I tried dropping another one and it to disappeared. I have 3 Stack Icons in my dock which is why I was dragging an icon into the dock in the first place. HELP!!!!
    [​IMG]

2. funy macrumors member

got the same problem here, got an iphone 3g jb at 3.1.3 using redsnow , icons are there but hidden, you can use spotlight in meantime, ive tweeted saurik about it too.

going to have a play and see if i can work out a fix.

3. funy macrumors member

right!

temporary fix!

if you dont have sbsettings install it.

bring up sb settings and go into more, then into mobile substrate addons and disable five icon dock, then respring.

you'll get your normal 4 icons back, drag all of them out to some empty space on your springboard.

open sb settings again and enable 5 icon dock and respring

now drag 5 icons back to your blank dock and it will work now.

The problem appears to be....

If you are moving icons around and anything goes near the dock or you try to add a 6th icon when there are five already it then wipes out the dock.

Maybe there was an ipad related update that caused the problem.

Ive just tested this twice and confirmed what causes it and the fix.

I'll tweet this link over to saurik so it might help fix it.