My Dock is completely effed up.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZiggyPastorius, May 21, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So a few months ago, my trash in my dock started being stupid. It would stay as empty even when full, then switch to eject and stay there, for long periods of time...now, I tried out some program on Apple's website that did something really funky to my dock. It made it take up the whole screen again, added a bunch of random icons with question marks, deleted two of my stacks, added a completely different stock, removed my trash icon, and even disabled Spaces. I have no idea what the hell it did, but I fixed everything as far as I can tell, except now, I have no trash icon at all. I tried deleting everything in the Dock resources folder and putting it all back in, but that didn't work. My question is, does anyone know if I can, short of reformatting, just completely reset my dock to what it was originally?

2. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

Here's a screenshot of my dock now, with the trash missing. There's no way I'm trying that program again >.< It went back to the whitish 3D dock that comes with Leopard when you first get the Computer, it took up my whole bottom, and it was filled with white question marks.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I had Dragthing installed, but I never figured out how to use it. I have no idea how to make it bring my trash back, either. Also, deleting that preference file did not work. :(

Argh! I deleted the preference file again, and it did that thing it did when I used that goddamn program. This is really annoying me...

[​IMG]

That's what it did, and it disabled Spaces. I have no idea what's going on, but it's making me mad...trash is still gone, too.

Attached Files: