My dock is down.. pls help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CaptainDaG, Nov 4, 2008.

1. CaptainDaG macrumors newbie

After having tweaked around with icons etc my dock has shut down...
    im running os x 10.5.5 and candybar 3.1.2..
    atm i can't rightclick (or ctrl click) on my dock nor remove icons from it.. when i puff a icon on the desktop the dock reloads and still shows the old icons..
    i have been surfing around the net after some advise and found the ones where i have to delete/replace the com.apple.dock.plist and do the killall Dock..
    but that only removes the icon graphic for finder and trash - still can't rightclick or remove icons...
    is there someway to reset it all and go back to the basic dock that i get after a clean install?
    would be pleased if a reinstallation could be avoided..
    btw the small shining triangles that shows which progams i have running - they aint shining no more..
    brgds CaptainDaG :)

2. FJ218700 macrumors 68000

FJ218700

you could always restore from a time machine backup an hour or so before you messed it up. Boot from the install CD and there is an option in the menu bar.

3. CaptainDaG thread starter macrumors newbie

thats the problem.. i never thought that i would get in need of timemachine because i dont use my laptop for anything important.. so don't have any backup at all.. damn me

4. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Try going into Terminal and typing killall "Dock" (be sure to have quotes around Dock).

5. CaptainDaG thread starter macrumors newbie

just tried that - no result.. my console is showing this when i try to Puff/pull a icon on the desktop.. dont know if anyone can use that?

[​IMG]

brgds Cap