My dog and my Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by dimme, Dec 1, 2008.

1. dimme macrumors 65816

I have a 2008 MacPro the is under my desk on the floor. My dog is moving into the same room to sleep at night and I am worried about the hair she leaves behind. I would rather not put the computer on the desk, so I am looking for ideas so both can coexist.

2. hatehereyes macrumors 6502a

hatehereyes

3. m1stake macrumors 68000

The G4 I own is a little dusty inside, which is saying something after living with two big rabbits for it's whole life.

My PC, which has more fans and holes, isn't very furry either, after living with one big (9 lbs) rabbit for almost 2 years.

4. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

you shouldnt have much to worry about.
    i hhave 3 cats (2 short hair and 1 long hair) that frequent the office with the macpro and other systems in there.
    no fur gets inside, but it does get dusty from leaving the window open since it attracts alot of dust.

one recommendation is to make sure the fan between the superdrive and powersupply is cleaned regular.
    that ne attracts alot of dust it seems, otherwsie, mine has remained pretty clean despite the few animals.

=)

5. madboom macrumors newbie

You would be surprised just how much dust and other junk your PC components can tolerate before causing problems. Get some air cans, blow it out 2 times a year, your good to go.

6. CarlsonCustoms macrumors 6502

Our computers at work have been running for 10 years with terrible cardboard dust in them.. suprised they have no fires yet..

I'd just invest in canned air and clean regularly..

or make a prefilter type deal on the air intakes to make cleaning easier.

zack

7. bcrpc macrumors newbie

hey

do you still have the restore disks you were selling ver os X 10.5 Feeler: Mac Pro (early 2008) Restore Discs

8. ThirteenXIII macrumors 6502a

....yeah

9. MotleyPete macrumors regular

I misread this thread as "My dog ate my Mac Pro"

My G4's gather dust really easily, but my Mac Pro not so much. I don't know if that's design or where it's positioned or what.