My dog has a duvet over its head

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Pedgie06, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedgie06 macrumors member

Okay this time I will post the picture from my blog, so that the moderator doesn't lock my post.

I thought this was a very good picture and I was lucky to have my cell phone with me to take it.

[​IMG]

2. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

I have to admit, this is pretty funny, but you might want to be careful. Some tight*sses might see this as racist (for lack of a better word, just woke up an hour ago) or something, but hopefully they see it's just a joke. :D What breed is your dog, anyways?

3. Pedgie06 thread starter macrumors member

Boxer and Lab.

I hope no ones finds it offensive..

4. bartelby macrumors Core

It's a dog with a duvet on it's head. Surely you could have just posted this in the Pets thread...

5. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Oh, nice! I've got two labs at home, and they're wonderful. Hopefully nobody finds this offensive; it's just a puppy in a blanket! :D

6. Pedgie06 thread starter macrumors member

Exactly! Yea I love my lab, she is very well trained. Got two other dogs too, a yorkie and a wheaten terrier.

7. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The idea of a dog converting to Islam will be incredibly offensive to many... I've changed the thread title.

8. Pedgie06 thread starter macrumors member

People need to learn how to take a joke, it's just a funny picture man!

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Doesn't matter. It's offensive to many. And it's not even that funny.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

No, people need to learn to respect other people's beliefs and cultures and not mock them.

11. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Phew... Yeah, just a joke, mods. No offense to any party involved, but damn, calm down.

12. bartelby macrumors Core

How about if my Golden retriever got covered in mud and I said he'd become black. Would that be funny or offensive?

13. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

That wouldn't make sense. Mud is brown. Either way, that'd be a crappy joke, thus a terrible example.

14. Lau Guest

I think, under the circumstances, a genuinely funny picture may have had a better reception. As it happens, it's a badly taken photo of a dog with a duvet on it's head, which had the tenuous link of Islam, because, you know, they wear duvets, or towels, or something on their heads. :rolleyes:

On top of that, it's one of the many threads the OP has started to peddle his frankly mediocre blog, which doesn't bode well when you're spamming with unamusing, uninteresting, unoriginal and in this case, borderline offensive images. If you spent the time you spend spamming writing interesting blog posts, you might get the traffic you desire without having to spam.

15. Pedgie06 thread starter macrumors member

lol, I think people are over reacting here. No need to turn a simple joke into a whole racist/religion argument!

Anyways how old are your labs?

16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Noted, checked and agreed. This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.