My Dream and Prediction!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by matthewprince, Feb 15, 2011.

1. matthewprince macrumors newbie

Hi,

I had a dream last night. Based on my dream , my predictions for the new iphone 5 will be.....

2 models of iphone 5. Firstly will be a 3.5" iPhone 5 , same design as iphone 4 but with much less height in the upper and lower parts No button. This iPhone will simply be called the iPhone 5

Secondly a 4" iPhone 5, dual core processor, 512mb ram and this will be called the iPhone 5 Pro

Both will have access to the appstore, both will have glass back, both will have camera.

See if im right

Matt

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I will be surprised if apple released an iPhone Pro. I say if we get two separate iPHone models we will get an iPhone nano and the traditional 3.5 (maybe 4) inch screen.

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I can't imagine it being called an iPhone Pro, nothing else in their iToy range is named 'Pro'. Plus, how is an iPhone specifically professional?

I can see there being two models, the rumours do seem to be stacking up (still not quite convinced yet though). However, is the difference between 3.5" and 4" enough to make a meaningful difference between the two? What other features will be different?

4. tsolt macrumors regular

tsolt

5. AML225 macrumors regular

That doesn't sound remotely right or appealing. iPhone Pro just sounds funny/terrible. I wish Apple would release a cameraless iPhone so I could have my phone with me at work.

6. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

7. zenio macrumors 6502

An iPhone without a camera would sell very well.

Unfortunately a huge percentage of iPhone customers care more about having a camera for their vanity & entertainment. Therefore Apple being the dictatorship it is, tells it's users what they will & will not have available to them, and they lap it up like hungry dogs.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people give away their money & power to Steve Jobs.

I give the man credit for his brilliant marketing skills, and ability to influence & control so many people. Anyone who can con that many people deserves all the money he takes.

8. mstrze macrumors 68000

It's not so much that, as it is a fact that 99% of cell phones sold these days have a camera of some sort. Not having one would turn people off from buying one...even if incredibly cheap.

I agree that there will be 2 iPhones, but more like a Nano vesion and the regular. The Nano is smaller and probably has only a rear-facing camera with lower resolution, but still a fully-functional processor and ability to do everything the currnet iPhone does minus FaceTime, while the next gen iPhone gets better resolution cameras, more memory and a faster processor and probably another trick or two (1080p video camera?).

9. Pomeless macrumors regular

You work at a missile silo or something? Maybe a movie lot. So intriguing!

10. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Well you'll soon find out that your dream will be shattered into tiny little pieces come this June/July :)

Keep on dreaming!!!!

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

My prediction is an hspa+ compatible iPhone.

Can hspa+ be done with software update or is hardware related?

12. huskerchad macrumors regular

IF the iPhone nano happens, I think a 4" screen in the full model becomes much more likely. Personally I prefer the phone the size it is, so if the other components can be shrunk and the screen made bigger in the same form factor, that's great, but I wouldn't want the overall size to increase. I realize I'm probably in the minority on that one. I think most people would trade a little extra bulk for a larger screen.

13. mstrze macrumors 68000

No, I'm just like you and would love a larger screen, but not a larger phone. I really don't think we are in the minority, but who knows?

There is certainly room to make the screen bigger by eliminating the dead space at the top, bottom and sides and make the screen cover the entire surface rather than be framed.

14. AML225 macrumors regular

haha currently I work at the company responsible for the F-35 and F-22 (among others) fighter jet engines but in about two weeks I'll be starting at the company that designs and builds nuclear submarines for the Navy. (I'm not supposed to post their actual names but about 20 seconds of google will answer that question if you care).

I mean yes, I sit around 24 hours a day with my finger on a launch button somewhere 200 ft under Kansas. ;)