My Drivers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Inspired, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Inspired macrumors regular

Inspired

Hi, I would like to know how do i scan my computer to see which hardware needs a driver update?
    Is there any type of scan I can run that tells me if there's a newer updated driver release?

I am using this PC btw: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229100

Thanks in advance!

I wish i was a mac user, NOW ACCEPTING DONATIONS :O

2. guydude193 macrumors 6502a

I haven't used a PC in forever, but I believe "Windows Update" will automatically update drivers for you. Microsoft.com should have an article for you to enjoy. :apple::apple:

3. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

:D thats giving a little to much credit to microsoft lol.

However your best bet is to look at the manufactures website for your model number and see if they have updated drivers.. like the saying goes if it works and its not causing a problem don't fix it.... so if the machine is working fine and not causing any issues for you don't even try to update drivers unless technical support asks you too :0)

4. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

do windows update. if u got the machine a while ago, then there is most likely a SP download for u. SP= service pack. also, u cna go to ur manufacturer's website to see if any of the drivers have been updated since you last updated(if ever) new bios, blah blah blah.

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Windows Update will actually show drivers for some hardware. I was surprised the other day, when it showed an update for a Logitech connected to my laptop. I wouldn't use it for something like a video card or a sound card, though. With something like that, you want to go through the card manufacturer. NVIDIA, for example, has a scan tool you can download and run to determine if you need a new graphics card driver.