My email to "sjobs"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NYR99, Jul 23, 2010.

1. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I wrote an email to sjobs@apple.com today about my unsatisfactory experience with my MacBook. I know Steve Jobs won't actually read this but hopefully someone will.

Do you think I will get a response?

--------------

Hello.

I am writing to inform you about my poor experience with my 2009 white MacBook.*

First, this is a list of all the Apple products I have purchased.*
    -iPhone (bought a week after launch)
    -iPhone 3G (waited 6 hours in line at launch)
    -iPhone 3GS (waited 1 hour in line at launch)
    -iPhone 4 (waited 5 hours in line at launch)
    -iPod Classic 80GB
    -iPod Touch 2nd Gen 32GB
    -iPad WiFi (bought a week after launch)
    -iMac (24" Aluminum, best computer I've ever owned!)
    -Magic Mouse and Bluetooth keyboard

-And lastly, my problematic White*
    MacBook.*

On my first MacBook, I had to get the logic board replaced 3 times, then I finally got it replaced via AppleCare after some more problems. *Now with my current MacBook, I already had to get the logic board replaced and now I am having more problems with it. *First, the case rubs when I open the screen. 2nd, when I plug it in, the charger will randomly stop charging. The light on the MagSafe will extinguish until I unplug the power adapter from the wall (if i unplug from the MacBook it won't fix it) and plug it back in. *If I am lucky I will get 5 more minutes of charging time out of it until I have to repeat the process. **

I really wouldn't be happy with another logic board replacement or another plastic MacBook. *I would really like a aluminum MacBook. My friends have them and they are problem free, beautiful machines.*
    I am willing to pay extra to get one as a replacement for my current MacBook.*

My Apple ID is linked with this email address, so you can verify all this information.*

Please let me know if there is anything you can do.*

Thank you for reading,

Thomas ******
    631-***-5936

2. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Sounds like you've got a total lemon of a MacBook, however I don't the above quotation helps.

I would have gone for a complete replacement - once agreed then ask if you can pony up for a MBP.

3. NYR99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya, now that you say it,
    I agree. Oh well. I'll see what happens.