My expectations for the new 2012 MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seafowl, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seafowl macrumors newbie

I don't really need the retina display (whatever the resolution will be), but I do need the high resolution screen that I have on my current mbp (early 2011). I'm a photographer, and I use a Canon. So far I can't find a better program than Canon Digital Photo Professional to process my photos (ie. adjust the color temp, exposure compensation, style, noise canceling, etc). Unfortunate enough, that software is only available on Windows, so I have to use VMware to run windows in order to get my photos processed. And in order to do that, I need a lot of memory (I hate rebooting into boot camp just to process few hundred photos and reboot back). So I hope there will be four memory slots available on the new mbp so I can get 16gb of memory at a cheaper price.
    Optical Drive is just one of the useless things that I never use on my MacBook Pro, so is the kingsington lock. Just wondering. If they get rid of the ODD, what do they replace the reject key with?
    However, I would like to see the audio in port in the new MacBook Pro 15. With that port, I can output whatever things that are input into my MacBook through the same speaker. That's just awesome.
    I also want the gigabyte Ethernet port to be there as well. Wireless network is fast, yes, but not as fast as the wired connection. If I want to read whatever things on my NAS server, I need it to be fast. I don't wanna wait for half an hour just to play a 10min 1080P video.
    Ivy Bridge, sure thing, no doubt about that. Better graphics? I like nvidia cuz many of the video format converter use CUDA to accelerate the process, and many games are optimized for nVidia. AMD is good, but not as good as NVIDIA.
    USB 3.0? Pfffft. Haven't got a single device compatible with USB 3.0 yet.
    Dual hard drive, reasonable.

And please don't bump the price. It's already that expensive.

2. ponyboy10113 macrumors newbie

most things are going to change

The new mbp is going to either be the same as the last or going to be completely different. no matter what

if they choose to go for a new look its going to be dramatic and different.whenever Apple changes the look they are going to keep that look for a while. so their probably planning to take out the optical and either make the new macbook slimmer or add battery.

for Me personally, i would just want that. take out the optical and give me battery for a lost lasting time without needing a charger.

3. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I'm a full-time photog and stopped using DPP years ago. It's basically crap and is really showing its age. Using Lightroom since version 1.0. with a mingling of Photoshop. This combo runs circles around Canon's aging and antique software.

You serious? There is indeed a version of DPP for the Mac.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.