My experience at the Sacramento Apple Store.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by kyledouglas, Jan 10, 2009.

1. kyledouglas macrumors newbie

The genius bar was fantastic. About a week ago I brought in a broken iMac, out of warranty I may add... The woman rang up the Hefty total for a complete power supply replacement. I didn't have the money, so, naturally, I made up an obvious exaggeration, "What if I told you that the computer has been having power problems since before halloween?" She told me "Well, thats a different story" and removed all charges from my bill.

Today I went back. Sick as can be. With many requests. I picked up my iMac, had my iPhone replaced, I dropped it and the screen had a huge dent, had my laptop command key replaced, and all the while the woman at the bar had a smile on her face. She was so fantastic, she ever brought me purell and tissues.

Simply amazing service. I talked to the manager, and he told me, with pride, "thats what were here for!"

2. phas3 macrumors 65816

was the girl hot?

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they gave me a new batt after 2.5 years for free as mine was bulging

also replaced my dads logic board for free after 2.5 years

neither of us had apple care

they are the best!

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

And yet I have AppleCare and can't get Apple to do crap for me.

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I'm glad you had a nice experience. I've had the same happen to me. My 2G iPod touch's screen shattered and they replaced it for free! The Genius said "well this isn't covered by the warranty but we'll make a special exception."
    And on the day I bought my iPod touch the store manager basically offered me a job after we had been talking for awhile. I had showed him my love for Apple, how I transformed my Windows Vista PC into something I like to call "OS X Vista," my knowledge of Apple, etc. His exact words were "the day you turn 18 come and apply. We could really use someone like you here."

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

About a year ago I had the exact opposite experience, unfortunately. After three trips to the Arden Fair (Sacramento) genius bar and absolutely no assistance (i.e. refusal to accept the machine for diagnostics or repair), Apple Care phone support generously dispatched a technician to our house for an on-site logic board replacement. This repair also failed, and as such, the computer was brought to the Apple Store for a fourth trip, this time with the blessing from Apple Executive Relations, which required Apple to accept the computer overnight for diagnostics, which resulted in another repair, which was ultimately unsuccessful. After this last attempt, the rep from Apple Executive Relations directed the Apple Store to replace the computer, which was very generous and we were very grateful.

Overall, Apple was very helpful and we were very pleased with the eventual outcome, but the genius bar at Arden Fair Mall was less than a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, I feel as if that store's reputation will always be slightly tarnished in my eyes; however, I'm very happy to hear about your good experience, so maybe things have started to turn around for Apple at Arden Fair! :)

7. iOrlando macrumors 68000

that makes the world amazing....Hot Apple Girls who are into technology......

8. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Oh, they do crap for me. It's just that I have to keep on going back to have crap done for me if you actually do anything of consequence on your machines. I suppose some like that - I could definitely do with less of it.

For the first time in almost three years, I actually came across a Genius the other day I wanted to sucker punch. It was quite surprising and arguably kind of refreshing.

9. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

To the OP, sounds like you got some five star treatment there! I'm glad everything worked out great for you!
    And ^, I've had the same thing happen to me a long time ago too! They were practically offering me a job on the spot! Knowing me, I'll be happy to work in the Apple Store some day in my life!
    But overall, I have been extremely satisfied with Apple's customer service. I have has many great experiences. I have yet not made it to the Genius Bar yet- but I'm bound to go one day for my iPhone or MBA.

10. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

i go to the same apple store and have had nothing but great service there. always very friendly and patient. even when my mother in law took me in to help here get and iphone, they totally understood that i would be translating from geek to old lady, but still talked to her and not me. she mentioned that specifically, because she hated being talked down to, as we all do.

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Actually, since it's been two in a row now it's not so refreshing.

12. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

glad to hear it! i've had great experiences at the apple store myself also. i think they have the best service