Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Well today I finally called Apple to get my power cord for my MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.33GHz replaced. The smaller wire going from the brick to the MagSafe started to come out of the brick. I didn't want to get a new one since I was moving in less than a month and wasn't sure how long it would take Apple to ship it to me.

And my experience with Apple Care was great! The guy was really nice! They shipped the replacement today and it's ETA is the 30th! So I am hoping it is the newer one :) But either way it gets power to my laptop and I don't have to baby it as much as I do now :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share some GOOD news about Apple since these forums are littered with "My Mac stopped working", "Quality sucks", "Apple Care sucks", etc.

:)

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Well today I finally called Apple to get my power cord for my MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.33GHz replaced. The smaller wire going from the brick to the MagSafe started to come out of the brick. I didn't want to get a new one since I was moving in less than a month and wasn't sure how long it would take Apple to ship it to me.

And my experience with Apple Care was great! The guy was really nice! They shipped the replacement today and it's ETA is the 30th! So I am hoping it is the newer one :) But either way it gets power to my laptop and I don't have to baby it as much as I do now :)

Anyway, I just wanted to share some GOOD news about Apple since these forums are littered with "My Mac stopped working", "Quality sucks", "Apple Care sucks", etc.

I had to call AppleCare on my brothers part for his 2.0GHz MacBook White. The connection to the magnet part to the wire started to come off the white plastic and a hole developed. This led to severe damage to the entire wire and it eventually broke. I called at about 6:00PM EST and got it the next day at 9:00AM EST...god I love Apple and DHL...great stuff!!

JPT

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2006
I had to call AppleCare on my brothers part for his 2.0GHz MacBook White. The connection to the magnet part to the wire started to come off the white plastic and a hole developed. This led to severe damage to the entire wire and it eventually broke. I called at about 6:00PM EST and got it the next day at 9:00AM EST...god I love Apple and DHL...great stuff!!

Wow you must have called right at the right time then for them to be able to ship it to your door the next day... 15 hours later... Wow!

Now that is what I call service :D :p

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i dealt with applecare once on my g3 ibook. it had a busted usb port, and they had to replace the logic board (i think). turnaround was somewhat quick; i got my laptop back in less than two weeks, and the entire process was hassle-free. i didn't have to show my receipt or go through this ordeal to see if repairs would be approved/free and this and that. it was really simple, the way it ought to be. :)

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Glad to hear that you have had a good experience with AppleCare. I have only had good experiences with AppleCare also, it just shows that people are more likely to post bad experiences than good ones.

chaird

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2007
I have had very goos experiences with applecare as well I had a problem with my airport extreme and they solved my issues!

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Wow you must have called right at the right time then for them to be able to ship it to your door the next day... 15 hours later... Wow!

Now that is what I call service :D :p

Want to hear service....AppleCare fixes my iBook at 9:00PM at night...shipped out a 12:00AM...get it in the morning at 9:00AM....but it came back broken because the repair center in Memphis sucks...thats why Apple is giving me a MacBook.

ataylora

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007

I'm not surprised they were prompt about replacing your cord. There have been some very dangerous problems with them. Though the problems were freak occurences, they were quite alarming.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.