My Experience with Crucial

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by harry20larry, Jun 2, 2009.

1. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Sold something on ebay and got around £45 for it so I decided to put the money to work to buy more ram for my mac.
    Got a general vibe from this forum that crucial was the way to go so used their quick selection and got 4GB of Ram for my unibody mac for around £43. I selected free post as I didn't really need it in a hurry and thought at worst it would arrive on the weekend.
    That was late Sunday night, it is now Tuesday and it arrived in the morning, I was so impressed. Especially as Sunday isn't a working day so theoretically it arrived next day.
    I went in and installed it which was a breeze to do and booted it up and it worked perfect, system performance generally all round has improved, especially graphics, which have got a lot smoother somehow (more memory being given to the NVidea chip?) and the amount of CPU used has now decreased significantly, if anybody could explain why I would be grateful.
    I am hugely happy with my experience with crucial and would recommend them to any one who is looking for that little extra power from their mac.

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Yeah, they're great, except for the fact that tons of people on these boards have had problems with 3rd party ram (Crucial included) and their Unibody MacBooks. At least they are aware and acknowledge the problem.

Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you.

3. harry20larry thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Also, I have just noticed that my macbook is running a lot hotter than it used to, when doing just web browsing, is this normal when you have upgraded the ram?

4. duky macrumors 6502

You're lucky for that good experience with Crucial. I love their RAM and never have problems but I always order from Newegg. I tried Crucial once for my Mac at work and for my Mac at home and both times the RAM took just over a week to get to me. Wasn't a pleasant experience. I never noticed the computer running hotter --you might just be putting more of a load on it after you installed more RAM..