My Experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dcuellar, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Dcuellar macrumors regular

I just wanted to share something I have witnessed these past couple of days that have really given me a warm feeling about Apple as a company and how they treat their customers.

I was fortunate enough to receive my iPhone 4 a day early because it was preordered. I decided I was going to get a bumper, as did my lil brother, so we went to our local Apple store and we were almost instantly surrounded by Apple employees who all wanted to witness the FaceTime feature firsthand. It was a fun 10 minutes socializing with those folks at the Florida Mall and the fact that we wasted a trip and time, because the bumpers were not yet available, did not bother us.

That's not the reason for this post though. The following day I went back determined to get a bumper. I knew it was going to be busy, but I had no idea it was going to be insanity. The atmosphere was simply amazing. Im still glad I pre-ordered mine, but I was happy I was able to witness this event. There were many store fronts being blocked and it was evident the attention in that mall was all directed towards the Apple store.

When I got to the store entrance I was directed to the smaller of the three lines for "non iPhone" purchases. It was about a 20 minute line. The next person up from the walk-in line had been there since 7am (it was 2pm.). Upon going in the apple employee was, as always, delightful, knowledgeable, and patient. I was surprised to hear that he was actually a new employee. As I'm talking to him I see a couple of employees pull out two HUGE coolers from the backroom. They were filled with Chic-fil-A sandwiches and nuggets and were being handed out to everyone inside and in line. I don't know how they did it, the Chic-fil-A spot in that mall was closed for renovation. Perhaps they had chic-fil-a employees come in and work behind closed doors.

Whatever the case I thought that was very thoughtful and a testament to Apple's appreciation towards their customers. I can't believe this company was at one point mentioned in the same sentence as the word bankruptcy! That's why when I read a post downplaying Apple or saying they are going to get an Instinct, Palm Pre, EVO, and all those other "iPhone killers" I laugh inside. This competition, or imitation, would not exist if it weren't for Apple's continuing efforts at innovation.

I applaud them and vow to consider this experience when buying one of their products in the future.

2. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Was in the queue yesterday after having reserved and they handed out bottles of water and Krispy Kremes which was a nice touch.

3. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I completely agree...I was in line for the iPad launch in the morning and they had coffee/tea and donuts and handed out bottled water and this was inside a mall. I went yesterday to pick up the phone and they had a buffett of bagels and cookies and drinks and the employees at that Apple store are really great.

I completely agree that shopping at an Apple store, especially on a Launch day is a superb experience!