My experiences

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Antowns, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Antowns macrumors member

Hi guys, I feel this is somewhat a milestone in my quest for going all-mac. I'm finally there. In less than a month using Macs I've sold my PC, bought numerous Apple products and I'm loving it.

My physical setup isn't all that great. I still need to go out and buy a new desk because this ones simply falling apart. I still need to upgrade to Snow Leopard on this iMac which I bought today but I have to wait because they sold out in the store so the Apple rep is going to give me a phone call to go collect one next monday/tuesday. He said they sold out with snow leopard copies in 2 days after getting them in. He said just to download it and burn it if I want to get going straight away though which I'm on doing now.

So yeah, I bought an iMac 24 inch today, less than 1 month after getting the 13.3 inch white MacBook. I love it. I thought I'd say to those that are considering moving to Mac or simply getting a Mac to run with your PC, its great. Everything is somewhat simpler and I don't seem to get errors anymore. I managed to convince a guy in Currys to buy a MacBook the other day and I don't even work there :cool:

You may get frustrated at first using Macs but I've found that now after using them, I can't go back. I've been trying to place 2 fingers on the Trackpad to right click on my girlfriend's dad's laptop.

Obviously I haven't upgraded to Snow Leopard so I can't comment on my experiences with that yet but with all the reviews out there on the net I've seen that people are very impressed with it and its more responsive. I do admire the consistency, I hate getting used to a new operating system release. I also suggest you don't put Windows on your Mac because for one, it pretty much defeats the point of buying one in the first place and two you'll end using it and not getting used to Mac OS X. ;)

Anyway, I thought I'd post a picture of my Mac setup at the minute, nothing special.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8379/img0154msl.jpg

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm glad you're so happy, but please embrace timg .

That photo is huuuuge.

3. Antowns thread starter macrumors member

My bad, just provided a link rather than a full picture. ;-)