My father died today...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Pentad, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Please forgive this post but my father passed away today. I still can't believe that he is gone. I miss him so much. I wish I could have told him how much I loved him one more time. I am so sad. I wish this was a dream....

I hope all of you take time to tell those you love how much you DO love them. My father was 69 and this was very sudden. Don't let any time slip by....

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

3. puma1552 macrumors 601

As someone who lost my mom a few years ago, I know the feeling. So sorry to hear. :(

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I am so sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and your family.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

My deepest sympathies. My mother was 76 when she passed away last summer. I don't think anyone is ready for the moment regardless of the age, although 69 was young.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

8. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

9. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

My Wife's Dad just passes away a few months ago too, at the age of 53. It's so sad when your loved ones pass.
    :(

10. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Sorry for your loss. As OttawaGuy said, he knew. Don't torture yourself about that part.

11. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

12. Mhkobe macrumors regular

13. Mac N Tosh macrumors regular

I am sorry for your loss, family is the best thing for you right now...

14. Gregg2 macrumors 603

So sorry. I'm sure you're hurting. You can expect that to linger. In fact, most people experience another intense sense of loss a year or year and a half later that is comparable to the initial sorrow. As others have said, he knew you loved him. There will always be things that you want to tell him, but there were many things said before too.

15. Silencio macrumors 68020

Silencio

I'm really sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

16. saxman macrumors 6502

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father suddenly two weeks ago, so I know some of the emotions you are going through and understand the surreal experience you are having. Unfortunately, there are no words to say that will take away the pain. It hurts. There is often no reason we can see why this has happened. Take time to grieve - it is a process that is different for everyone. I wouldn't let people tell you how you feel or how to feel. Just feel what you feel. Talking about it often can help.

I hope you can put your trust in God and hope you have family and friends around - you don't have to carry the burden all by yourself

17. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I'm sorry for your loss. Take it easy on yourself for awhile, it took me a year after my own father died before I felt normal again.

18. Pentad thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Thank you all so much. I will take all the prayers and thought you would send my way.

My mother is taking it really hard.

Forgive me, I miss him so much. I find myself walking around and saying "I love you dad."

He died sitting on the couch. I held his hand until the funeral people took him away. It was so cold and I thought about everything he had done for me. I wish I could have been with him when he died so he would not have been alone.

I've cried more today than I have in the last 15 years.

I really can't express how much I appreciate your comments. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Thank you,
    P

Dad, I'm sorry I wasn't with you when you died. I miss you very much. I'm not sure what I'll do when I need help and I can't call you anymore. I love you.

19. Ice-Cube macrumors 6502a

Ice-Cube

I'm sorry for your lost. I love my dad too but unfortunately we don't talk much. I hope to improve on that.

Please be strong, your mum needs you more than anything else right now.

20. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Very sorry to hear about your loss. Please accept my condolences.

21. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I am deeply sorry that this has happened.. just thinking about losing my parents makes me sick. Death is so surreal to the human mind that we are never meant to just 'deal with it,' it is a process that is emotionally and physically draining. I pray that you are able to feel like you were able to enjoy a full life with your father, and that you will treasure the memories you have now.

Once again, I am very sorry that this occurred.. my condolences cannot be extended enough.

22. richardmac macrumors newbie

23. zildjansg macrumors 6502

my condolences to the bereaved family..be strong and pray always,HE will give you strength.

24. Elixer macrumors regular