My favorite iPhone case, on sale

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by elan123, Jan 31, 2011.

1. elan123 macrumors 6502

Otterbox Impact case... black, its a steal at this price.

Dropped my phone about 10 feet with this thing on and not a scratch.

http://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-Impa...2LK0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1296490790&sr=8-2

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

3. JASApplications macrumors 65816

If I was gonna get an Otterbox case I would go all out protection and get the Defender. I don't see the point of going halfway with the Impact.

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I don't understand everyone with these huge Otterbox cases (granted this one is not the Defender). Do you people put your phone in your jeans pocket ever??!

5. psyduckiee macrumors regular

I personally use a Defender for my iPhone 4 and always have it in my jean pants. People don't even notice it is in my pants but are surprised when they see me take out the iPhone. It does stick a little when you take it out of your pocket but you get use to it. Now to help you understand though, some people including myself just want a piece of mind from seriously damaging the phone when using it daily and OtterBox definitely fulfills it. Maybe you're different than others but certain people have their personal preferences.

6. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

They probably do. Hence the eternal question "Is that an Otterbox in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Loll..

8. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

that has to be one of the worst looking cases i have ever seen.

9. xxtypeoxx macrumors newbie

I agree, It reminds me when I used to carry around those big Nextel phones,lol Im sure they work well if you need that kind of protection but im good with my Atomic hybrid case that adds no weight and slides in and out of my pocket easily.

10. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

for the money, its not a bad case...however, compared to other cases...its not great. It attracts lint like a magnet to metal. If you do keep it in your pocket, you will find that you need to take your phone out almost daily and clean whatever gets in there from day to day.

If you need protection for a day or so and dont want to spend a ton, its a great case, but if you looking for something long term, i would look else where.

Ive owned this case for my 3G, commuter and a defender for my 4. They are fantastic protection, but not great looking =)

11. psyduckiee macrumors regular

Can't say I wouldn't agree more.