My Favorite New iPad Accessory to be Released Soon

Discussion in 'iPad' started by poloponies, Jul 7, 2010.

1. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

2. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

That's a neat feature as I'm sure it's easier to search through than a PDF. Do you think they'll release the custom app to previous owners with older models. That seems to be a gimmick for newer cars only. I don't own one, just curious.

3. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

It's a new model in the US. It has interactive features with video demos of various functions. Nice idea. And for $60K, they throw in the car.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

except you don't have to worry about someone stealing a manual. A manual works perfectly in the dead of winter and sub zero temps or in the hot 100+ of summer. A manual can be accidentally dropped. And a manual doesn't need to be charged.

It's a cool idea. And definitely a "perk" - but it's a gimmick at best.

5. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

It's a new model in the US. It has interactive features with video demos of various functions. Nice idea. And for $60K, they throw in the car.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Looks cool! Hyundai is doing a great job building its brand appeal.

7. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

WTF? Are you a Hyundai employee or something?

I don't know, but I just don't see the appeal in it. It seems way too gimmicky and just stupid to me. Kids in Africa are dying from starvation, and our dilemma here is whether or not we should get the car that comes with an iPad.

8. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

Hmm... admirable sentiment on an iPad forum. You can probably sell the computer you used to type your gripe and feed a couple of hundred kids with the proceeds.

And nobody is having a purchasing dilemma. It's just a creative use of technology.

9. Horus macrumors regular

Horus

PWNd, ouch.

10. Lordillingworth macrumors regular

Well... I can't drive... I failed my test twice... but now I may need to have another attempt at this driving thing!

11. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Yeah cuz thats the only way they'd be able to sell a car is by throwing in an iPad :rolleyes:

Better off just buying iPad from Apple if u ask me :p

12. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

Well, first of all, it's a great car (my local dealer had a demo). My wife has a Genesis, which is a similar, but smaller, Hyundai and it's one of the best cars I've driven in that price range.

As far as the iPad "gimmick" goes, it's no doubt an extravagance and a way to distinguish the car from the pack of similar high-priced sedans, but it's actually a forward-thinking step. There are a lot of features on cars these days that need more than a line or two of poorly-translated instruction, so an interactive manual is a welcome addition. Sure, they could just provide an App for the buyer to download, but they're not producing a lot of these anyhow and it does draw attention.

13. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

I can't begin to explain how much I loved this post. And how much I agree with it.

14. poloponies thread starter macrumors 68030

Louis CK beat us to the punch. He has a bit where he talks about driving an Infiniti when he could easily drive a Ford Focus and spend the difference on keeping starving African kids alive - but he doesn't.

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

I almost bought a Rolls-Royce Phantom today until the sales person informed me it didn't have an iPad manual (deal killer). I will check the Bentley dealership tomorrow and if not I'll get a Hyundai.

16. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Nope, Bentley doesn't come with iPad either, just checked, deal breaker for me ;)